Effective from 25 May 2018
The Chemical Compliance Coach B.V. processes personal data in accordance with the legislation in force, and, in particular, Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), applicable from 25 May 2018). In this Privacy Statement we set out how we collect, store and use your personal data.
Who we are
We are The Chemical Compliance Coach B.V., registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 70889082. Our head office is located at Newtonlaan 115, 3584 BH Utrecht, The Netherlands.
How we collect your personal data
We collect personal data:
- From your use of our website, thechemicalcompliancecoach.com, using cookies;
- When you provide it to us by contacting us via: e-mail, online contact form or newsletter subscription form, telephone, post or business card.
What data we collect
When you contact us via the abovementioned routes, we collect your:
- First and last name;
- (Business) e-mail address;
- (Business) phone number.
Further business information (e.g. company address, VAT number, etc.) is not considered personal data under the GDPR. Without this information, we will not be able to process your request.
- Your IP address;
- The geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address);
- Your browser version and operating system;
- Source of your access to our website;
- Language preference;
- Pages accessed;
- Information requested;
- Date and time of your visit and/or information request.
As a user, you may refuse the cookies by turning them off in your web browser. Further, you can delete all cookies that are already stored on your computer and can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. See www.aboutcookies.org for more information.
Sensitive personal information
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect sensitive personal information (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, trade union membership, etc.), and we kindly ask you to not submit this information to us. Any sensitive personal information inadvertently or intentionally provided to us, will be deleted.
How we use your data
We exclusively use your personal information:
- For administrative and business purposes;
- To send you our newsletter if you have subscribed to it;
- To analyse the performance of our website.
We do not use your personal data for automated individual decision-making, including profiling.
Disclosure of your data to third parties
The Chemical Compliance Coach B.V. treats your information as confidential. We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party, except:
- With your written consent
Where there is a need to share your personal data with our partners (e.g. contract laboratories, consultants, etc.) who may be better suited to contact you directly in response to your specific enquiries about our services, we will ask your permission to share your data prior to sharing it.
Any partner company that we share your personal data with in context of a project based on an contractual agreement will have executed a confidentiality agreement, requiring that they keep all data received confidential.
- Where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
We will use and process your information in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. If we suspect that criminal or potential criminal conduct has been occurred, we may need to contact an appropriate authority. Further, we will use your data in connection with the enforcement or potential enforcement of our contractual or non-contractual legal rights (e.g. sharing your information with debt collection agencies if you do not pay amounts owed to us when you are contractually obliged to do so). Lastly, in case of a dispute (with you or a third party), we may need to use your data in mediation, arbitrationm court resolution or similar process.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the following time spans:
- Server logs: for a maximum of 5 years;
- Contact information submitted in context of newsletter subscription: until notice of un-subscription;
- Contact information submitted in context of enquiry: for as long as it takes to respond to and resolve your enquiry, and for a maximum of 10 years after.
How we secure your data
The Chemical Compliance Coach B.V. takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction, including:
- Only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymised basis wherever possible;
- Using cloud storage providers with end-to-end end encryption and secure web hosting to store personal data;
- Verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information;
- Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software;
- E-mail programs are installed on a maximum of two mobile devices per employee and are password protected;
- We do not store personal data on USB sticks.
Please note: The Chemical Compliance Coach is not liable for the maiming or loss of data as a result of it being submitted by means of telecom facilities.
Access to and rectification or erasure of your data
You have the right to access, rectify or request erasure of your personal data. Further, you may withdraw your consent for a specific processing.
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, please follow the instructions on the bottom of the newsletter.
If you would like to access, rectify or request erasure of your personal data, or if you want to modify your preferences or have a privacy complaint, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you request the deletion of your data, we may maintain information about business transactions for record keeping purposes.